Strickland was in Chicago yesterday for the Democratic National Committee to bash New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ahead of Christie’s trip there to speak and raise money as chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
As chairman, Christie will raise money to support the re-election of Gov. John Kasich and could come to Ohio to campaign on Kasich’s behalf.
Where Strickland could more directly affect the 2014 election in Ohio is by campaigning with and raising money for likely Democratic gubernatorial nominee Ed FitzGerald. Strickland, who lost to Kasich in 2010 by 2 percentage points, hasn’t appeared with FitzGerald or done much for him since formally endorsing him in a video last summer.
“Everything that Ed has asked of me, I have tried to do,” Strickland said in a phone interview with The Dispatch. “I’m a huge supporter, enthusiastic supporter.”
Lauren Hitt, the spokeswoman for FitzGerald, said that Strickland has been busy with other things and that the campaign is “still evolving. We absolutely plan to use him more.”
Strickland was once considered a possible contender to challenge Kasich this year, but yesterday he said: “I chose not to run because I wanted this race to be about the future and not the past."
Strickland also said his decision not to run for governor “doesn’t mean I am finished with politics, doesn’t mean I won’t run for office someday.”
Asked if he might challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman in two years, Strickland, 72, said: “We’ll just see.”
Welcome to the Clinton County Democratic Party website!
Welcome to the Clinton County Democratic Party Website.
P.O. Box 734
Clinton County is located in southwestern Ohio and is represented by legislators in the 86th Ohio House of Representative District, the 17th Ohio Senate District and the 3rd Congressional District.
In 2005, the total number of registered voters in the county's 32 precincts is 24,746. There are 1,890 Democrats, 6,545 Republicans and 16,311 Independents.
Clinton County Democratic Party Activities:
We hold monthly meetings, mail a monthly newsletter, host Spring and Fall and Christmas Dinners, have a fair booth, work at festivals, walk and ride in parades, hold an annual yard sale and host fund-raisers for Democratic Candidates. We introduced "Kids Voting" to Clinton County, and we started the program "dems for Kids," in which we donate school supplies twice a year to all elementary schools in Clinton County.
The Clinton County Democratic Party supports and works for Democratic Candidates on the local, state and national level with one of the best GOTV plans in the state of Ohio.
As well as working hard to get democrats elected on both locally and statewide, the Clinton County Democratic Party also participates in numerous community activities
- "Tasting Luncheon", which includes an annual cookbook and use the proceeds to donate two $500.00 scholarships to Clinton County seniors.
- Donate items to Special Olympics, and the homeless shelter, donate to county projects such as the educational unit at the Fire Department.
- Volunteer for the Clinton County Environmental Protection Association, help with "clean up" at lakes, plant and weed flower beds at senior citizen facilities.
- Speak to school classes about the Democratic philosophy and candidates
- Support community activities such as Farmers' Union and 4-H
- Wrote the cookbook, "Recipes From the Heart of Clinton County"Clinton County
- To Donate or Volunteer: If you would like to volunteer of donate to the county party, you can reach us at (937) 655- VOTE (8683), http://www.clintoncountydemocrats.com/, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to P.O. Box 734, Wilmington, OH 45177.